You are an Unregistered user, Please Register in order to further access our forums.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forum Etiquette

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Forum Etiquette on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Element

Here's a few things I've been noticing that need to be fixed around here:

1) Bringing back old topics.

A topic is not old unless it's been dead (not been posted on) for at least six months. I'm seeing tons of ppl getting super pissed at other people for replying to topics that are a week, or even a month old. These are not dead topics! And when you reply again saying "Don't reply to old topics.", you're doing the exact same thing that they are. You're only bumping the "old" topic back into recent posts.

2) Flaming new members.

You cannot do this. Why do you think so many ppl quit? When they come on the forums and instantly get flamed they're not going to want to stick around. They are unaware of the rules for the most apart and you can't expect them to instantly know everything. Take it easy on them. Inform them politely of the rules and if problems persist, PM an admin and we'll see to it.

3) Spamming topics.

This needs to be taken under control. Simply posting Lock, or saying lock or whatever else is spam (Except for mods and admins. We need to know who locked the topic.) There are mods and admins on the forums to take care of this, which brings me to my next point.

4) Let the staff do their job.

I know I read through almost every topic that is made, and I'm sure the other admins do as well. You don't need to tell us to lock a topic, or lower a warning bar, or ban someone. We can handle this. For the most part we are aware of what's going on.

5) Respect.

Simple. Respect each other. It doesn't matter if you hate someone's guts. At least try to have a business relationship with them. If you wanna talk smack, PM them. There's no need for it out in the open, and will most likely get you in trouble.

In closing, it is going to get more strict around here. Warning bars will be used and temporary bans will result from not following the rules. You've been warned. If there are any questions, feel free to PM me or another admin.

Admins: Feel free to add to this as you feel necessary.

-Element

Thank you,
Mod Element

2 Re: Forum Etiquette on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Element

Bump

Thank you,
Mod Element

3 Re: Forum Etiquette on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:33 pm

gionel13

ah yes i miss the old forums Very Happy. black colored instead of white... when Nick(Robby) kept getting high posts L.

I support this:)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum